Alternative medicine offers a large number of recipes. Traditional healers have long known how to quickly lower blood cholesterol at home. These methods should be combined with diet. And if the cholesterol level is much higher than the norm, then also with medications. Before using any of the methods, you should consult your doctor.
- 1 – Garlic tincture actively fights existing atherosclerotic plaques and prevents the appearance of new ones. To prepare it, take 100 grams of peeled garlic, chop it and fill it with half a liter of vodka. The product is infused for 14 days in a dark and cool place. Shake it periodically. The dosage is 10 drops three times a day. The course of treatment is 1 month, then it should be repeated after 45 – 50 days.
- 2 – Cleans vessels and garlic oil. Press ten medium cloves of garlic through a press. Mix them with two glasses of olive oil. Insist the remedy for two weeks. After the expiration date, use the resulting product when preparing food.
- 3 – Coniferous tincture cleans blood vessels from cholesterol. You need to fill the pine needles with vodka, take the ingredients in equal quantities. Insist 10 days, take ten drops three times a day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- 4 – Prepare the following composition: take half a cup of dill seeds. Add a tablespoon of valerian root to them. Pour the mixture with a glass of honey, mix well. Add a liter of boiling water to the resulting mixture and leave for 24 hours. Then strain, take a tablespoon before meals (20 minutes). Store the product in the refrigerator.
- 5 – Powder the dandelion root. Take five grams of powder every day. The remedy is taken before meals, three times a day. The course of therapy is repeated every six months.
Bad cholesterol is bad for your health. Its excess in the body can lead to atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes. Cholesterol levels can also be lowered at home. Diet and adherence to a healthy lifestyle helps to normalize the indicator. If the cholesterol is too high, medications are used.
How to lower cholesterol and blood sugar at home?
Cholesterol is an essential lipid for any living organism, as it is involved in most metabolic and synthetic processes. The body cannot function without cholesterol molecules.
Most of the cholesterol is synthesized in the liver cells, less – enters the body with food.
According to its biochemical structure, cholesterol is a water-insoluble lipid. In the process of assimilation in the body, its molecules are conjugated with blood proteins, which facilitates their transport by the blood stream. Conjugated cholesterol varies in weight and density.
Lipid metabolism is assessed using a lipid profile. Lipidogram includes measuring the ratio of atherogenic and non-atherogenic lipid fractions, total cholesterol, triglycerides, and other specific markers of lipid metabolism.
An increase in the concentration of atherogenic lipids is an unfavorable risk factor for the development of atherosclerosis and its acute vascular complications. In this regard, constant monitoring of indicators is always necessary, in particular, with severe concomitant pathology.
To control the level of lipid fractions, it is necessary to undergo regular screening in diagnostic laboratories, or to carry it out at home using a special medical device – a lipid fraction analyzer. The glucose level is monitored with a glucometer. The medical technology market offers a wide range of combination analyzers.
There are a variety of drug and non-drug therapies to lower cholesterol and sugar.
Mild to moderate severity of atherosclerosis is stopped with the help of home therapy methods. To do this, you should carefully study how to lower cholesterol and blood sugar at home.
Oat bran for atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus
Oats are a grain product rich in plant fiber. It contains tons of plant proteins, slow-digesting carbohydrates and healthy nutrients. Bran helps to normalize metabolism, cleanse arterial vessels from cholesterol plaques, and reduce blood glucose levels.
Regular use promotes the utilization of “bad” cholesterol in hepatocytes, increases the functional activity of the digestive system. The tool has a beneficial effect on the immune system, the functionality of nerve cells.
The following recipes are used to treat and prevent atherosclerosis:
- 1 – For this recipe you will need: 300 g of bran flour (you can cook it using a coffee grinder), half a liter of warm water. For 24 hours, the infusion is kept in a cool dark place. After a day, the infusion is filtered through a sieve, boiled for 5 minutes. After cooling down, the infusion is ready for use. It should be taken 200 ml before meals.
- 2 – To prepare the next recipe, you need to take whole grain oats (about 50 g) and add about 300 ml of boiling water. The solution is infused in a metal or ceramic container for about a day. It is taken according to the same principle as the previous recipe.
Oat bran contains an essential nutrient, betaglucan, which has proven lipid-lowering properties.
Also, the active components of the cereal simultaneously contribute to weight loss.
Beekeeping products for atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus
The most useful beekeeping products for atherosclerosis are royal jelly and propolis.
These products help to utilize atherogenic lipids from the body, cleanse the vessels of formed atherosclerotic elements, and improve the function of the gastrointestinal tract and central nervous system. Moreover, beekeeping products have pronounced bactericidal properties, and therefore they resist the introduction of pathogenic microflora.
The most popular folk recipe for using bee products is making tinctures.
To make the drug, you need about five grams of propolis and 100 ml of ethyl medical alcohol or high-quality certified vodka. Propolis is infused for at least 72 hours.
The drug should be taken taking into account the following recommendations:
- regular intake of funds is required;
- it is important to take your medicine before meals;
- single dose – 5 ml;
- the course of treatment lasts 3-4 weeks with a break of one week;
- the total duration of treatment takes about three months.
Side effects are mainly associated with individual hypersensitivity to the active ingredient.
Contraindications are a history of allergic reactions to honey, liver disease in the active phase, alcoholism, pregnancy, lactation.
Citrus and Garlic Treatments
An important aspect of the treatment of atherosclerosis is an integrated approach.
Reducing the concentration of atherogenic lipids in the blood in diabetes will help specialized diets, dosed physical activity, taking into account contraindications and restrictions, drug therapy and alternative therapy.
An integrated approach is the main condition for a successful therapy result.
The use of citrus fruits and garlic is popular for the treatment of atherosclerosis patients. Their active components help to remove atherogenic substances from the body.
Due to their high metabolic activity, both products have a certain list of contraindications:
- 1 – Diseases of the liver and kidneys in the active phase.
- 2 – Acute pancreatitis.
- 3 – Ulcerative inflammatory pathologies of the digestive tract, including gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
- 4 – Individual intolerance to products.
The phytoncides of garlic and the ascorbic acid contained in citrus fruits affect lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. With the help of these products, you can easily both lower blood sugar and cholesterol at home, and support the immune reactivity of the body as a whole.
An example of making a homemade drug to combat high sugar and cholesterol:
- using a blender or a meat grinder, 2-3 ripe lemon fruits are crushed along with the zest;
- about three heads of garlic, crushed to a puree state, should be added to the citrus substrate;
- the product should be infused for 24 hours in a dry, cool place;
- therapy lasts up to two months.
Herbal medicine for atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus
Herbal medicine is an effective way to combat high blood cholesterol.
The effect of therapy is due to the content of fiber, phytoncides and a specific substance – gluten, which has the property of binding and utilizing lipid molecules from the blood.
Healing plants also contain a sufficient amount of vitamin and mineral complexes that have a positive effect on the functions of the heart muscle, vascular wall, strengthen the immune system and have a beneficial effect on the activity of the nervous system.
Herbal medicine causes the following healing effects:
- 1 – Lowering the level of cholesterol and atherogenic lipoprotein fractions.
- 2 – Inhibiting the absorption of low-saturated fats through the digestive tract.
- 3 – Acceleration of lipid utilization through the liver.
- 4 – Low glycemic index, which does not negatively affect carbohydrate metabolism.
With the help of phytotherapy methods, you can clean the walls of blood vessels from fatty deposits, exclusively in combination with a balanced diet.
What foods and herbs lower blood sugar and endogenous cholesterol:
- linden inflorescences actively affect carbohydrate and lipid metabolism;
- dandelion flowers are also effective in healing and provide quick results;
- clover is included in the list of herbs with high lipid-lowering properties;
- hawthorn in the form of alcoholic tincture lowers cholesterol levels and normalizes cardiac activity;
- licorice herb lowers cholesterol and has an active antibacterial effect;
- artichoke is an extremely useful product, which contributes to its pronounced healing properties.
Herbs for herbal medicine can be used in dry form (for example, milk thistle meal), in the form of teas, alcoholic infusions and aqueous infusions.
Diet for diabetes and atherosclerosis
A healthy diet is a fundamental component of atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus therapy. The patient’s menu must include animal proteins, slowly digestible carbohydrates, vegetable fats, fiber, vitamin and mineral complexes
Legumes have a pronounced lipid-lowering effect. Peas, beans and kidney beans help a person reduce the concentration of cholesterol and other harmful lipids. Legumes can be included either in recipes for various dishes, or taken separately as aqueous infusions.
The fruits of mountain ash, gooseberry, currant also have a pronounced antiatherosclerotic and hypoglycemic effect. Eating berries daily reduces blood cholesterol levels in a matter of days.
Saltwater fish and seafood are high in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. These fatty acids are polyunsaturated and have the ability to bind endogenous cholesterol and remove it from the body. In regions far from the sea, there is a noticeable deficiency of omega acids. You can fill the deficit with fish oil capsules. Regular consumption of fish oil or other dietary supplements with omega acids reduces the chances of developing cardiovascular disease.
It is necessary to completely exclude sugar and foods with a high content from the diet.
Biological active substances in the diet
Avoiding foods that increase endogenous cholesterol levels is not an effective enough treatment measure. It is important to constantly resort to the use of special biologically active substances to lower sugar and cholesterol.
First of all, these are omega fatty acids and vegetable oils. Many useful vegetable oils are found in flax seeds and nuts. You can buy ready-made olive, flaxseed or walnut oil, or consume “raw” unprepared.
In most cases, patients with atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus experience a severe fiber deficiency, which makes it difficult for cholesterol to be utilized and promotes the reabsorption of lipids into the blood. To fill the deficit, it is recommended to add oat bran to the menu.
Pectin, a substance found in apples, also has a pronounced hypoglycemic and anti-atherosclerotic effect. Eating 2-3 apples every day on an empty stomach reduces the level of harmful fats in the blood.
It is helpful to include citrus and pineapple juices in your diet. Juices from these fruits have a wide range of vitamins and a number of fat-burning substances.
Remember the importance of the water regime. Depending on age and gender, the patient should drink from one and a half to two and a half liters of purified water per day. Most of the water should be drunk in the morning.
It is important to calculate the glycemic index and calorie content of each food eaten. There is a special table of calorie content and glycemic index of foods.
Interested in how to reduce endogenous cholesterol and blood sugar at home as quickly as possible, you should first of all:
- 1 – Reconsider your lifestyle and eating habits.
- 2 – Take up the delivery of laboratory tests.
- 3 – Give up alcohol abuse.
- 4 – Quit smoking completely.
- 5 – Add a walk to your daily schedule.
- 6 – See your doctor regularly for general health screening.
- 7 – Monitor blood pressure and glycemic profile.
- 8 – Go in for sports.
- 9 – Normalize hormonal balance.
- 10 – Surround yourself with a supportive emotional environment.
It is important to remember that the key to successful treatment of any ailment is early diagnosis and timely therapy started.